Smiles repaired: Dental restorations in San Mateo, CA
A damaged or missing tooth detracts from your whole smile. It can cause a lisp and impact your enjoyment of food. Dr. Glenn Belen uses the latest materials, technologies, and techniques for dental restorations to keep patients throughout the San Mateo, CA area smiling.
Why have teeth fixed?
Tooth decay occurs when toxins excreted by bacteria in your mouth eat holes in tooth enamel. There is usually no pain in the early stages, but as a cavity eventually reaches underlying structures it causes a toothache that could lead to root canal therapy or extraction. A piece broken off a tooth or even a small chip or fracture can cause similar problems.
A missing tooth allows others to shift out of alignment. That can result in unusual wear, TMJ problems, bite issues, and headaches. Crooked teeth are also harder to keep clean, so risk of decay and gum disease is higher.
Smile restorations with dental treatment in San Mateo, CA
Self-esteem is an equally meaningful factor in having dental problems fixed. You deserve a functional and good-looking smile.
Here are some of the ways Dr. Belen repairs teeth:
- Composite fillings – Strong, durable filling material is tooth-colored. It is also used to repair chips and cracks.
- Inlays and onlays – Porcelain “partial crowns,” are an excellent choice for an area of damage too large to support a filling, yet not big enough to warrant a full crown. An inlay fits inside a cavity, while an onlay extends over one or more cusps.
- Crowns – A ceramic “cap” covers the entire visible portion of a tooth, providing strength and protection. With CEREC technology, your crown can be made and placed in one appointment.
- Dental implants – The long-lasting tooth replacement option.
- Bridges – Sound, conventional dentistry to replace one or several consecutive missing teeth.
- Dentures – We offer partial, full, immediate, and implant-retained dentures.
- Root canal therapy – Gets you out of discomfort and saves a natural tooth.
As a patient of San Mateo Dental Care, you have access to a full range of dental restorations if you ever need them. Call (650) 344-7500 to schedule an appointment.