Invisalign keeps patients in San Mateo, CA smiling during orthodontic treatment
Given the choice, most adults would prefer to smile confidently with straight, even teeth. Yet the idea of living with noticeable braces for several years may keep them from pursuing orthodontics. Dr. Glenn Belen suggests a beautiful alternative – the transparent Invisalign straightening system. This treatment has patients across the San Mateo, CA area smiling during treatment and loving the results.
Conventional braces move teeth with leverage created by wires putting pressure on brackets and bands cemented to teeth. Invisalign takes a different approach. A robust computer program turns detailed digital impressions of your mouth into a treatment plan to transform your smile. A series of aligners are fabricated using 3-D printing technology. They reposition teeth with gentle force. There are no bands, brackets, wires, elastics, or headgear. The Invisalign system can be used to correct cosmetic misalignment, and for complex cases, including many bite problems.
Benefits of Invisalign treatment in San Mateo, CA
Here are some of the reasons patients at San Mateo Dental Care love Invisalign:
- Dr. Belen’s experience – As a VIP (Valued Invisalign Provider) at the Silver level, he has guided many patients through the process of achieving properly-aligned teeth.
- See before you straighten – CGI (computer-generated imagery) lets you know just what to expect from treatment.
- Aligners are virtually invisible – The transparent plastic cannot be seen unless someone looks closely.
- Comfort – Aligners are made of thin, smooth plastic. They fit snugly with no hardware to irritate soft tissues.
- Convenience – Simply wear aligners for about two weeks before advancing to the next set. Re-check appointments every six-weeks are brief and painless.
- Removable – There are no food restrictions during treatment. Take aligners out to eat what you enjoy.
- Hygiene – With Invisalign, you brush and floss normally, so your mouth stays fresh and bright. Aligners are easy to clean, as well.
- Efficient – Each patient is different, but if you wear aligners conscientiously (20 to 22 hours a day) your treatment plan could be completed in about 12 months.
Find out if Invisalign is right for you with a consultation at San Mateo Dental Care – (650) 278-4797.