Make a big impression with Invisalign instead of braces in San Mateo
Your smile reflects your personality. While it may seem like a small feature, it can really make a big impression – either good or bad. Is your smile making the right statement about you? If the answer is no due to misalignment, you may be a candidate for Invisalign treatment. This discreet orthodontic alternative to traditional braces gives you straighter teeth so you can smile with more confidence and create a warm, inviting first impression. At San Mateo Dental Care, we are experienced in helping patients achieve a straighter smile with Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a system of nearly invisible aligners to straighten teeth faster and more discreetly than traditional braces. Patients wear these aligners 20-22 hours each day, taking them out to eat and brush. Trays are swapped out every two weeks as teeth continue to move into alignment.
Many dental care providers are embracing Invisalign treatment for patients because it is effective and offers many conveniences, including:
- Clear trays are discreet – Unlike traditional metal brackets and wires, which can detract from the smile, Invisalign trays are virtually undetectable by others for a truly unobtrusive treatment.
- Smooth trays are comfortable – Metal brackets and wires are notorious for irritating the inside of the cheeks. Invisalign trays are made from smooth plastic, so they will not bother you during treatment.
- Treatment plan is customized – Invisalign uses highly sophisticated 3D imaging technology to digitally replicate the current position of your teeth and then maps out the movement necessary to achieve ideal alignment. This technology allows us to create a custom treatment plan and series of aligner trays that are unique to the movement of your teeth.
- Trays are removable – No long list of “off-limit” foods. Invisalign trays can be taken out to eat and clean the teeth. During Invisalign treatment, you enjoy all your favorite foods and keep your teeth healthy.
- Treatment is effective – During treatment, you will notice your teeth moving closer to proper alignment. Most treatment plans are accomplished in approximately a year.