San Mateo, CA dental office explains the benefits of dental implants treatment
Dental implants are a permanent and effective solution to fill gaps in the smile. The restorative treatment can give you back your confidence to smile freely and eliminate the unpleasant side effects of missing teeth. If you are in the San Mateo, CA area, you can trust the team at San Mateo Dental Care to deliver beautiful-looking dental implants. Call us today at (650) 278-4797 to learn more.
Reasons to consider dental implants
When permanent teeth are lost, whether due to trauma or disease, it’s important to seek a replacement option. Dental implants are the only option that replaces the missing tooth root, making them the closest solution to natural teeth. Some of the top reasons our patients choose dental implants are:
- To eliminate the embarrassment of gaps left behind by missing teeth
- To replace uncomfortable or ill-fitting dentures
- To preserve as many healthy teeth as possible
A versatile solution
Dental implants can be used in instances of a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or to support a full denture. The implant is surgically placed into the jawbone to replace the missing tooth root. Depending on how many teeth are missing, a crown, bridge, or full denture can be attached to complete the restoration.
Benefits of dental implants
- Dental implants offer unparalleled support for prosthetic teeth. Once the final restoration is attached to the implants, the artificial teeth will not slip or move out of place.
- Dental implants feel natural. Because they are held in place by the implant, they feel much more natural than traditional dentures.
- Dental implants prevent jawbone deterioration. The implant stimulates the jawbone and prevents bone loss, a common occurrence when teeth are missing. Bone loss can lead to further loss of natural teeth.
- Dental implants are a good value because they can last a lifetime. Due to the changes in the jawbone, other restorations such as traditional dentures or bridges must be replaced over time.