Post Op Instructions - Botox
Botox Cosmetic for Treatment of TMJ and Migraines
Post Treatment Instructions
1. Try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (i.e. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows or squinting). This help to work BOTOX cosmetic into your muscles. Although this is thought to help, it will NOT impact your treatment negatively if you forget to do this.
2. Do NOT rub or massage the treated areas for 2 hours after your treatment. Do NOT do strenuous exercise for 4 hours after treatment. Also avoid facials or saunas for 4 hours after your treatment. This will minimize the risk of raising your blood pressure and therefore minimize the risk of temporary bruising. Feel free to shower and go about most other regular daily activates.
3. Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) and to avoid the risk of heaving the area rubbed accidentally.
4. Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours after treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treated area
5. Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. Please wait until the 14 days before assessing if you are pleased with the result.
6. Dr. Belen needs to see you for a 2 week follow up assessment of the appointment.
This will ensure Dr. Belen is able to see how YOUR facial muscles reacted to the treatment. If you require more product to fine tune/adjust your treatment results, it will be applied during this appointment at an additional cost. For medical reasons, your results will be photographed and documented.
7. Because BOTOX Cosmetic requires a special technique in order to customize the injections to your individual muscular structure, it is important that your muscle actively recovers BUT that your skin is not creasing to the point from where you started.
8. BOTOX Cosmetic is a temporary procedure and at first, you may find that your treatment results will last approximately 3-4 months. If you maintain your treatment appointments with the frequency recommended by Dr. Belen, the duration of each treatment result may last longer than 4 months
9. Initially, Dr. Belen sees his patients between the 3 month (12 week) and 4 month (16 week) time period. He is able to create the best clinical results for you during this period. If you allow BOTOX Cosmetics to completely wear off, it is difficult for Dr. Belen to be able to see how your individual muscles reacted and therefore optimal results for YOUR face can be more difficult to achieve.
10. Dr. Belen will need to see you again in 3-4 months. Please ensure that you schedule this appointment.